***Challenge Complete. See my wrap-up post HERE.***
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2015
Hosted by: The Book Vixen
Guidelines (quoted from the challenge announcement page):
- The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books can be any format (print, ebook, audio).
- Books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, romance, mystery, etc.).
- Novellas that are 100 pages in length (give or take), as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down. Remember, the idea is to challenge yourself.
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015 (books read prior to 1/1/2015 do not count towards the challenge). You can join anytime before 9/30/2015. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- Getting My Heart Rate Up: read 1–5 more books (or 250–1,499 more pages)
- Out of Breath: read 6–10 more books (or 1,500–2,749 more pages)
- Breaking a Sweat: read 11–15 more books (or 2,750–3,999 more pages)
- I’m on Fire!: read 16+ more books (or 4,000+ more pages)
I'm signing up at the "Getting My Heart Rate Up" level, so I'll be trying for 1-5 more books than I read in 2014 (I read 46 books in 2014).
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See the challenge announcement post HERE.
● See the challenge review link HERE.
● See my wrap-up post HERE.
MY READING LIST (books I've read, with links to reviews):
- The Red House Mystery. A.A. Milne
- Last Man Standing: Tales from Tinseltown. Roger Moore
- As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust (Flavia de Luce #7). Alan Bradley
- The Case of the Velvet Claws (Perry Mason #1). Erle Stanley Gardner
- The After House. Michael Phillip Cash
- Mike Mulligan and More: A Virginia Lee Burton Treasury. Virginia Burton
- Against the Fall of Night. Arthur C. Clarke
- The Resurrection Maker. Glenn Cooper
- The Room. Jonas Karlsson
- The Third Man. Graham Greene
- Elidor. Alan Garner
- The Book of Speculation. Erika Swyler
- Nightbird. Alice Hoffman
- Let Sleeping Dogs Lie ("Sister" Jane #9). Rita Mae Brown
- The Witch of Painted Sorrows. M.J. Rose
- The Fifth Gospel. Ian Caldwell
- A Fine Summer's Day (Inspector Ian Rutledge #17). Charles Todd
- Wylding Hall. Elizabeth Hand
- As the Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1). Damien Boyd
- Fear the Darkness (Brigid Quinn Thriller #2). Becky Masterman
- Gently Does It (Inspector George Gently #1). Alan Hunter
- A Saintly Killing (Faith Morgan Mystery #3). Martha Ockley
- Beethoven's Tenth. Brian Harvey
- The Ice Twins. S.K. Tremayne
- Jack of Spades. Joyce Carol Oates
- The Silence of Ghosts. Jonathan Aycliffe
- Vertigo. Pierre Boileau and Thomas Narcejac
- Pines (Wayward Pines #1). Blake Crouch
- The Tale of Despereaux. Kate DiCamillo; illus. by Timothy Basil Ering
- A Head Full of Ghosts. Paul Tremblay
- The Truth and Other Lies. Sascha Arango (trans. by Imogen Taylor)
- Tail Gait (Mrs. Murphy #23). Rita Mae Brown
- The Angel Court Affair (Charlotte and Thomas Pitt #30). Anne Perry
- The Forgotten Room (Jeremy Logan #4). Lincoln Child
- In the Dark Places (Inspector Banks #22). Peter Robinson
- Goodbye Stranger. Rebecca Stead
- Ramona Quimby, Age 8. Beverly Cleary
- Newport: A Novel. Jill Morrow
- A Man of Some Repute. Elizabeth Edmondson
- The Quick. Lauren Owen
- The Postman Always Rings Twice. James M. Cain
- Champagne for One (Nero Wolfe #31). Rex Stout
- Slade House. David Mitchell
- The Maltese Falcon. Dashiell Hammett
- The Night Sister. Jennifer McMahon
- The Anger Meridian. Kaylie Jones
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place (Potting Shed Mystery #3). Marty Wingate
- South of the Border, West of the Sun. Haruki Murakami
- What We Keep. Elizabeth Berg
- Backstabbing in Beaujolais. Jean-Pierre Alaux, Noël Balen; trans. by Anne Trager
- Five picture books:
Anatole. Eve Titus; illus. by Paul Galdone (1956; 40 pages)
Corduroy. Don Freeman (1948; 32 pages)
Harry and the Lady Next Door. Gene Zion; illus. by Margaret Bloy Graham (1960; 64 pages)
Harry the Dirty Dog. Gene Zion; illus. by Margaret Bloy Graham (1956; 32 pages)
One Morning in Maine. Robert McCloskey (1952; 62 pages)