Hosted by: Book Dragon's Lair
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2017
Rules / Guidelines:
- Read books that have been banned or challenged. Or, read nonfiction books about censorship, book burning, etc.
- Reviews are encouraged, even if it's just telling someone about the book. Reviews can be posted on your blog, or another site such as GoodReads or LibraryThing.
- Read 1 book. You are an Ember. You're small but mighty just waiting to burn the structure down.
- Read 2-6 books. You are Creeping. You're burning with a low flame and spreading slowly.
- Read 7-12 books. You are a Blow-up fire. Sudden increase in fire intensity strong enough to upset control plans
- Read 13+ books. You are Uncontrolled. Any fire which threatens to destroy life, property, or natural resources.
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See the challenge announcement/signup page HERE.
MY READING LIST (books I've read, with links to reviews):
- The Bell Jar. Sylvia Plath
- The Bostonians. Henry James
- BUtterfield 8. John O'Hara
- The Giver. Lois Lowry
- The Golden Compass. Philip Pullman
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. Maya Angelou
- In Cold Blood. Truman Capote
- James and the Giant Peach. Roald Dahl
- July's People. Nadine Gordimer
- The Witches. Roald Dahl
- Rabbit, Run. John Updike
- Summer of My German Soldier. Bette Greene
- Fahrenheit 451. Ray Bradbury
- The Great Gatsby. F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Lolita. Vladimir Nabokov
- The Picture of Dorian Gray. Oscar Wilde