Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2018
Host: Bev @ MY READER'S BLOCK
- Sign-up anytime before November 1, 2018.
- Choose a level of participation. Once you choose, you're locked in for at least that many books. You can increase your level; all books counted for lower levels carry over towards the new level.
- Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2018. No library books.
- Books can be counted for other challenges.
- Reviews aren't required, and a blog isn't necessary.
- Rereads may count (see challenge announcement page for details).
- Audiobooks and E-books may count if they are yours and they are one of your primary sources of backlogged books.
- You may count any "currently reading" book that you begin prior to January 1– provided that you had 50% or more of the book left to finish in 2017.
- "Did Not Finish" books can be counted, under some circumstances (see challenge announcement page for details).
- You can submit a list in advance, or add your books as you read them.
- There will be quarterly check-ins.
- Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
- Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
- El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s
✸ I'm signing up at the first level (Pike's Peak), so I'll be trying for 12 books from my TBR pile.
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See the challenge announcement page HERE.
● See the review pages:
- Check Point #1 (March)
- Check Point #2 (July)
- Check Point #3 (October)
- Check Point #4 (December)
MY READING LIST (Books I've read, with links to reviews):
- Five Children and It. E. Nesbit (pub. 1902; read in March)
- Just Kids. Patti Smith (pub. 2010; read in February)
- A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple #5). Agatha Christie (pub. June 1950; read in January)
- Vintage Murder (Roderick Alleyn #5). Ngaio Marsh (pub. 1937; read in January)
Books I'd Like to Read in 2018 (many of these have been on the shelves for a LONG time):
- Afternoon Men. Anthony Powell
- American Eve. Paula Uruburu
- The Art of Mending. Elizabeth Berg
- The Bell. Iris Murdoch
- The Bell Jar. Sylvia Plath
- The Berlin Stories. Christopher Isherwood
- The Black Prince. Iris Murdoch
- Black Sun. Geoffrey Wolff
- The Book of the Dead. Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- Busman's Honeymoon. Dorothy L. Sayers
- The Cabinet of Curiosities. Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- Cast, In Order of Disappearance (Charles Paris #1). Simon Brett
- The Children's Book. A.S. Byatt
- The Cottingley Secret. Hazel Gaynor
- Cutwork (Needlecraft Mysteries #7). Monica Ferris
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Philip K. Dick
- The Enchanted April. Elizabeth von Arnim
- The Europeans. Henry James
- Family Album. Penelope Lively
- The Fencing Master. Arturo Pérez-Reverte
- Five Red Herrings. Dorothy L. Sayers
- Flaubert's Parrot. Julian Barnes
- Foundation. Isaac Asimov
- Framed in Lace (Needlecraft Mysteries #2). Monica Ferris
- The Ghost Writer. Philip Roth
- The Glass Room. Simon Mawer
- Hanging By a Thread (Needlecraft Mysteries #6). Monica Ferris
- The Haunted Bookshop. Christopher Morley
- How It All Began. Penelope Lively
How to Be Human. Paula Cocozza
- Identity. Milan Kundera
- Invitation to the Waltz. Rosamond Lehmann
- Istanbul Passage. Joseph Kanon
- Jane Eyre. Charlotte Bronte
- July and August. Nancy Clark
- Jumping the Queue. Mary Wesley
Just Kids. Patti Smith
- The Lake House. Kate Morton
- Let the Devil Sleep (Dave Gurney #3). John Verdon
- Los Alamos. Joseph Kanon
- Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. Eric Hodgins
- Mrs. Malory and a Death in the Family. Hazel Holt
- Mrs. Malory and a Necessary End. Hazel Holt
- The Moonstone. Wilkie Collins
- Murder At the Vicarage (Miss Marple #1). Agatha Christie
A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple #5). Agatha Christie
- Murder Must Advertise. Dorothy L. Sayers
My Sister's Bones. Nuala Ellwood
- The Mystery of Lewis Carroll. Jenny Woolf
- The Night She Died (Inspector Thanet #1). Dorothy Simpson
- The Nine Tailors. Dorothy L. Sayers
- Oracle Night. Paul Auster
- The Pale Horse. Agatha Christie
- Prater Violet. Christopher Isherwood
- Prophecy. S.J. Parris
- Providence. Anita Brookner
- Relic. Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- The Road to Lichfield. Penelope Lively
- The Secret Keeper. Kate Morton
- Silver on the Tree (The Dark Is Rising series, final book). Susan Cooper
- The Sisters: The Lives and Times of the Fabulous Cushing Sisters. David Grafton
- The Takeover. Muriel Spark
- Time and Again. Clifford D. Simak
- Two Serious Ladies. Jane Bowles
- The Spoils of Poynton. Henry James
- The Unicorn. Iris Murdoch
- Unnatural Death. Dorothy L. Sayers
- When the Music's Over (DCI Banks #23). Peter Robinson
- When You Reach Me. Rebecca Stead
- A Wreath of Roses. Elizabeth Taylor
- The Year of Magical Thinking. Joan Didion
- The Young Widower's Handbook. Tom McAllister