***Challenge completed. See my wrap-up post here.***
Dates: 2 January - 30 December, 2010
Hosted by: Teddy Rose of So Many Precious Books, So Little Time
- Sign up on the challenge announcement page, using Mr. Linky, and leaving a direct link to your blog post about the challenge. Your post should contain your list of ARCs that you'll be reading (see #2 below).
- List all the ARCs you have to read right now. Then, throughout the year, you must continue updating that list as you receive more ARCs. Also strike out the ones you finish.
- You don't need to indicate which ARCs you plan to read, but can if you wish.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Audio-books are allowed as long as they are ARCs.
- Read the books and review them on your blog. If you don't have a blog, you can post your reviews on other sites, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Powell's, etc.
a. All participants who have or will have twelve or fewer ARCs on hand must read and review all of those books.
b. All participants who have or will have more than twelve ARCs must read and review at least twelve.
- Silver: Read 24 ARCs.
- Gold: Read 25 or more.
See my original post about the challenge here.
See my wrap-up post here.
See the challenge announcement page here.
I'm signing up at the Bronze Level, so I'll be reading at least twelve of my ARCs during the year.
- The Brontes Went to Woolworths. Rachel Ferguson [See Review]
- Heresy. S.J. Parris [Review to come]
- The Swimming Pool. Holly LeCraw [See Review]
- An American Type. Henry Roth [See Review]
- A River in the Sky. Elizabeth Peters [See Review]
- Live To Tell [See Review]
- The Map of True Places. Brunonia Barry [See Review]
- Innocent. Scott Turow [See Review]
- The Good Psychologist. Noam Shpancer [See Review]
- Damaged. Alex Kava [See Review]
- The Vanishing of Katharina Linden (paperback edition) [Review to come]
- Think of a Number. John Verdon [Review to come]
- All Is Forgotten, Nothing Is Lost. Lan Samantha Chang [See Review]
- The Convent. Panos Karnezis [See Review]
- After Claude. Iris Owens [See Review]
- The Distant Hours. Kate Morton [Review to come]
- Juliet. Anne Fortier [See Review]
- The Weird Sisters. Eleanor Brown [See Review]
LIST of ARCs To Be Read:
- Published in 2008
Descartes' Bones. Russell Shorto
The Glister. John Burnside
The Heretic's Daughter. Kathleen Kent
One More Year. Sana Krasikov
Shadow of Colossus (A Seven Wonders Novel). T.L. Higley
Stealing Athena. Karen Essex
Stone Creek. Victoria Lustbader
The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher. Kate Summerscale
Tethered. Amy MacKinnon
- Published in 2009
Angels of Destruction. Keith Donohue
The Atlantis Revelation. Thomas Greanias
The Manual of Detection. Jedediah Berry
The Rapture. Liz Jensen
Stone's Fall. Iain Pears
- Published in 2010
The Brontes Went to Woolworths. Rachel Ferguson Heresy. S.J. Parris The Swimming Pool. Holly LeCraw The Map of True Places. Brunonia Barry Live to Tell. Lisa Gardner A River in the Sky. Elizabeth Peters The Vanishing of Katharina Linden. Helen Grant Juliet. Anne Fortier An American Type. Henry Roth Innocent. Scott Turow
Mr. Toppit. Charles Elton
Damaged. Alex Kava The Good Psychologist. Noel Shpancer
Bad Boy. Peter Robinson
The Tower, the Zoo, and the Tortoise. Julia Stuart
Think of a Number. John Verdon All Is Forgotten, Nothing Is Lost. Lan Samantha Chang
Room: A Novel. Emma Donoghue
The Convent. Panos Karnezis
Moonlight Mile. Dennis Lehane
The Distant Hours. Kate Morton
Must You Go? Antonia Fraser
My Reading Life. Pat Conroy
After Claude. Iris Owens
A Widow's Story. Joyce Carol Oates
The Anatomy of Ghosts. Andrew Taylor
The Weird Sisters. Eleanor Brown