**Challenge Complete. See my wrap-up post HERE.**
Hosted by: Gilion @ Rose City Reader
Dates: January 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
The idea is to read books by European authors or books set in European countries (no matter where the author comes from). The books can be anything – novels, short stories, memoirs, travel guides, cookbooks, biography, poetry, or any other genre. You can participate at different levels, but each book must be by a different author and set in a different country – it's supposed to be a tour.
- Books should be read between January 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021. If you participated in the 2019 European Reading Challenge, you can only count books read in January 2020 for one year – either the end of the 2019 challenge or the start of the 2020 challenge – you don't get to count one book for both challenges.
- You do not have to commit to your choices now; and you can change your mind about books at any time.
- Overlap with other challenges is allowed – and encouraged!
- Re-reads count.
- Audiobooks count.
- E-books count.
- Self-published books count.
- There will be a page for linking your reviews. Reviews are not necessary, unless you are going for the Jet Setter Prize, in which case only books reviewed count.
- If you do not have a blog, put your reviews or reports in a comment on the review list page.
- There will be a page for posting links to wrap-up posts.
- Five Star (Deluxe Entourage): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries.
- Four Star (Honeymooner): Read four qualifying books.
- Three Star (Business Traveler): Read three qualifying books.
- Two Star (Adventurer): Read two qualifying books.
- One Star (Pensione Weekender): Read just one qualifying book.
List of Countries:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland), and Vatican City.
✹ I'm signing up for the Three Star ("Business Traveler") level.
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See my challenge wrap-up post HERE.
● See the challenge announcement page HERE.
● See the review page HERE.
● See the page for challenge wrap-ups HERE.
MY READING LIST (books I've read):
1. The Circus: A Novel. Jonas Karlsson (set in Stockholm, Sweden)......
2. Murder She Wrote: Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote #1). "Jessica Fletcher" and Donald Bain (set in UK, mostly London)
3. Snow (St. John Strafford #1). John Banville (set in Ireland)
I am glad you signed up again. I look forward to seeing which books you choose.ReplyDelete