Hosted by: The Introverted Reader
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2016
Guidelines: (quoted from challenge announcement page) "Read any non-fiction book(s), adult or young adult. That's it. You can choose anything. Memoirs? Yes. History? Yes. Travel? Yes. You get the idea? Absolutely anything that is classified as non-fiction counts for this challenge."
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- You don't need a blog to participate.
- There will be a link for reviews.
- Sign up anytime during the year.
- Dilettante -- Read 1-5 non-fiction books
- Explorer -- Read 6-10
- Seeker -- Read 11-15
- Master -- Read 16-20
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See the announcement/sign-up post HERE.
● See the page for linking reviews HERE.
MY READING LIST (books I've read, with links to reviews or discussions):
- American Eve. Paula Uruburu
- Clover: The Tragic Love Story of Clover and Henry Adams and Their Brilliant Life in America's Gilded Age. Otto Friedrich
- Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader. Anne Fadiman
- A Gentle Madness. Nicholas A. Basbanes
- Here at The New Yorker. Brendan Gill
- Hong Kong. Jan Morris
- In Cold Blood. Truman Capote
- Just Kids. Patti Smith
- The Library at Night. Alberto Manguel
- Manhattan '45. Jan Morris
- The Origin of Humankind. Richard E. Leakey
- The Pattern in the Carpet: A Personal History with Jigsaws. Margaret Drabble
- Pre-Raphaelites in Love. Gay Daly
- Sargent's Daughters: The Biography of a Painting. Erica Hirshler
- Speak, Memory. Vladimir Nabokov
- A Splendor of Letters. Nicholas A Basbanes
- Sylvia Beach and the Lost Generation: A History of Literary Paris in the Twenties and Thirties. Noël Riley Fitch
- Trieste and the Meaning of Nowhere. Jan Morris
- Venice. Jan (James) Morris
- The Years with Ross. James Thurber