**Challenge completed. See my wrap-up post here.**
Dates: Throughout 2010
Hosted by: Alyce of At Home With Books
"The idea behind this challenge is to read works by authors who have been recommended to you time and again, yet somehow you haven't managed to read any books by those authors. These are the authors that everyone else tells you are awesome, thus the 'Awesome Author Challenge' title."
- The challenge starts January 1, 2010 and ends December 31, 2010.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Choose the level at which you would like to participate, post about it and then visit Alyce's blog to sign up and leave your link.
- Titles and authors do not have to be predetermined, and your list of choices can be changed at any time.
- Books can come from any genre or reading level. The only requirement is that you have heard great things about the authors, but haven't yet read any of their works.
Levels of Participation:
- Easy: Choose three authors and read at least one title from each author.
- Moderate: Choose six authors and read at least one title from each author.
- Challenging: Choose ten authors and read at least one title from each author.
- Over-achieving: Anything over ten authors.
See my wrap-up post here.
See the Challenge announcement page here.
See the Challenge wrap-up page here.
I'm going to try the Challenging Level, and choose ten awesome authors who are new to me.
MY READING LIST:
- Nick Bantock: The Griffin & Sabine Trilogy [See Review]
- Nicholson Baker: The Anthologist [See Review]
- Iain Pears: The Raphael Affair [See Review]
- Henry Roth: An American Type [See Review]
- Elizabeth Peters: A River in the Sky [See Review]
- Lisa Gardner: Live To Tell [See Review]
- Kate Morton: The Forgotten Garden [See Review]
- Alex Kava: Damaged [See Review]
- Zilpha Keatley Snyder: The Egypt Game [See Review]
- Anne Rivers Siddons: The House Next Door [See Review]