***Challenge Completed. See my wrap-up post HERE.***
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2015
Hosted by: Jen @ The Introverted Reader
- Read translations of books, from any language into the language(s) you're comfortable reading in; they don't have to be in English.
- Any genre and any age range.
- Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
- Any format that you choose is also acceptable.
- You don't need a blog to participate; you can link up from another site like Library Thing or GoodReads.
- There will be a link to add reviews.
- Beginner: Read 1-3 books in translation
- Conversationalist: 4-6 books
- Bilingual: 7-9 books
- Linguist: 10-12 books
✹ I'm signing up at the "Beginner" level, and hope to read at least three books.
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See the challenge announcement/sign-up page HERE.
● See the link for reviews HERE.
● See my wrap-up post HERE.
MY READING LIST (books I've read, with links to reviews):
- Vertigo. Pierre Boileau and Thomas Narcejac (trans. from the French by Geoffrey Sainsbury)
- The Truth and Other Lies. Sascha Arango (trans. from the German by Imogen Taylor)
- South of the Border, West of the Sun. Haruki Murakami (trans. from the Japanese by Philip Gabriel)
- Backstabbing in Beaujolais. Jean-Pierre Alaux, Noël Balen (trans. from the French by Anne Trager
LIST OF POSSIBLE READS:
After Dark. Haruki Murakami
Beauty and Sadness. Yasunari Kawabata
Buddenbrooks. Thomas Mann
The Castle. Franz Kafka
The Double. Jose Saramago
Farewell Waltz. Milan Kundera
If on a winter's night a traveler. Italo Calvino
Last Year at Marienbad. Alain Robbe-Grillet
The Map of Time. Félix J. Palma
The Nautical Chart. Arturo Perez-Reverte
The Prisoner of Heaven. Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Skylark. Kosztolanyi Dezso
South of the Border, West of the Sun. Haruki Murakami
Steppenwolf. Hermann Hesse
The Three Sisters. Anton Chekhov
The Trial. Franz Kafka