**Challenge complete. See my wrap-up post HERE.**
Dates: 1 January 2013 - 31 January 2014
Hosted by: Rose City Reader
- Read books by European authors; or books set in European countries, no matter where the author comes from.
- All genres are allowed.
- Each book read must be by a different author and set in a different country.
- For this challenge, "Europe" refers to the list of 50 sovereign states that mostly fall within the geographic territory of the continent of Europe (or those countries that belong to international European organizations such as the Council of Europe). See the list of countries, below.
- All books must be read between January 1, 2013 and January 31, 2014.
- You don't need to commit to your choices now; you can change your mind about books at any time.
- Overlap with other challenges is allowed -- and encouraged!
- Re-reads count.
- Audiobooks count.
- E-books count.
- Self-published books count.
- You don't need a blog to participate.
- As you progress, please link to your reviews on the review list page. However, reviews are not mandatory, unless you're going for a prize, in which case only books reviewed count.
Levels of Participation:
- Five Star (Deluxe Entourage): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries.
- Four Star (Honeymooner): Read four qualifying books.
- Three Star (Business Traveler): Read three qualifying books.
- Two Star (Adventurer): Read two qualifying books.
- One Star (Pensione Weekender): Read just one qualifying book.
~ See my original post about the challenge HERE.
~ See my challenge wrap-up post HERE.
~ See the challenge announcement / sign-up page HERE.
MY READING LIST (books read, with links to reviews):
- Cold Remains. Sally Spedding (Wales, UK)
- Ignorance. Milan Kundera (mostly set in Czechoslovakia)
- Inferno. Dan Brown (Italy)
- Chéri. Colette (France)