**Challenge completed. See my wrap-up post here.**
Dates: 1 May to 7 September 2009
Hosted by: Rose City Reader
- Chose three books that you have not read before:
1) One that won both the Pulitzer and the National;
2) One that won the Pulitzer but not the National; and
3) One that won the National but not the Pulitzer.
- OPTION: For those who have already read all six of the double-dippers, or otherwise do not want to read one of those six, pick two Pulitzer winners and two National winners for a total of four books.
- Read all books between May Day and Labor Day. Overlap with other challenges is allowed -- and encouraged!
See my original post about the challenge here.
See my challenge wrap-up post here.
See the challenge announcement page here.
See the challenge wrap-ups page here.
MY READING LIST
- Double Winner: Rabbit is Rich. John Updike [see review]
- Pulitzer Winner: The Optimist's Daughter. Eudora Welty [see review]
- National Book Award Winner: Victory Over Japan. Ellen Gilchrist [see review]