***Challenge complete. See my wrap-up post HERE.***
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2015
Hosted by: Elizabeth @ Thoughts from an Evil Overlord
Originally hosted by: Amy @ A Bookish Girl
Guidelines (quoted from the announcement page):
- You can read any novel, short story or author just so that the genre is mystery/crime/thriller.
- 1 novel counts as 1 novel( 1 novel is anything over 100 pages) of course but you will have to read 5 short stories to count as 1 novel.
- There will be a monthly post for you to add a link or links to your post showing the progress that you have made so far. There will be two link-ups on each reading challenge post, one is a text link-up for those of you who are participating without a blog/through Goodreads/or through another way and then a thumbnail link-up for those of you that are participating from a blog.
There will be a book giveaway each month and for initially signing up.
Read a certain number of books and at the end of the challenge, you'll receive a rank (there's a secret prize for the participant who reads the most books):
- 5 books = Inspector Lestrade
- 10 books = Amelia Peabody
- 15 books = Flavia de Luce
- 20 books = Inspector Ian Rutledge
- 25 books = Detective Simon Ziele
- 30 books = Miss Marple
- 35 books = Hercule Poirot
- 40+ books = Sherlock Holmes
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See the challenge announcement post HERE.
● See the challenge review/report pages: January, February, March/April, May, June, July, August, September/October/November, December.
● See my wrap-up post HERE.
MY READING LIST (books read, with links to reviews):
- The Red House Mystery. A.A. Milne
- As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust (Flavia de Luce #7). Alan Bradley
- The Case of the Velvet Claws (Perry Mason #1). Erle Stanley Gardner
- Let Sleeping Dogs Lie ("Sister" Jane #9). Rita Mae Brown
- A Fine Summer's Day (Inspector Ian Rutledge #17). Charles Todd
- As the Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1). Damien Boyd
- Fear the Darkness (Brigid Quinn Thriller #2). Becky Masterman
- Gently Does It (Inspector George Gently #1). Alan Hunter
- A Saintly Killing (Faith Morgan Mystery #3). Martha Ockley
- Beethoven's Tenth (Frank Ryan #1). Brian Harvey
- Vertigo. Pierre Boileau and Thomas Narcejac
- Tail Gait (Mrs. Murphy #23). Rita Mae Brown
- The Angel Court Affair (Thomas & Charlotte Pitt #30). Anne Perry
- The Forgotten Room (Jeremy Logan #4). Lincoln Child
- In the Dark Places (Inspector Banks #22). Peter Robinson
- A Man of Some Repute. Elizabeth Edmondson
- The Postman Always Rings Twice. James M. Cain
- Champagne For One (Nero Wolfe #31). Rex Stout
- The Maltese Falcon. Dashiell Hammett
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place (Potting Shed Mystery #3). Marty Wingate