***Challenge completed. See my wrap-up post here.***
Dates: 22 September through 20 December 2010
Hosted by: Katrina at Callapidder Days
Guidelines (quoted from the challenge website):
- Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this fall. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like. (Also, feel free to modify your list during the challenge if it’s not working for you.)
- Write a blog post containing your list and submit it...using the Mr. Linky [on the challenge announcement page].
- Get reading! The challenge goes from today, September 22nd, through December 20th.
- Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile!
- Write a post about your challenge experience in December, telling us all about whether you reached your goals and how Fall Into Reading went for you. But remember: this is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this fall (and enjoy it!), that’s good enough for me.
See my original post about the challenge here.
See my wrap-up post here.
See the challenge announcement page here.
MY BOOK LIST (Books Read):
- Cards on the Table. Agatha Christie [See Review]
- The House Next Door. Anne Rivers Siddons [See Review]
- Book of Shadows. Alexandra Sokoloff [Review to come]
- Animal Farm. George Orwell [Review to come - maybe]
- The Dark Half. Stephen King [Review to come]
- After Claude. Iris Owens [See Review]
- The Vanishing of Katharina Linden. Helen Grant [Review to come]
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle. Shirley Jackson [Review to come]
- The Distant Hours. Kate Morton [Review to come]
- Juliet. Anne Fortier [See Review]
- The Weird Sisters. Eleanor Brown [See Review]
- The Thirty-Nine Steps. John Buchan [See Review]
OTHER POSSIBILITIES (Fiction):
Afternoon Men. Anthony Powell
Alice I Have Been. Melanie Benjamin
Appointment in Samarra. John O'Hara
Bad Boy. Peter Robinson
Dead Man's Folly. Agatha Christie
The Distant Hours. Kate Morton
The House on Tradd Street. Karen White
I Am Madame X. Gioia Diliberto
Moonlight Mile. Dennis Lehane
Mr. Murder. Dean Koontz
Mrs. McGinty's Dead. Agatha Christie
The Prince of Mist. Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Relic. Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Room. Emma Donoghue
The Sign of the Book. John Dunning
Spiderweb. Penelope Lively
A Stir of Echoes. Richard Matheson
The Tower, the Zoo, and the Tortoise. Julia Stuart
The Women. T.C. Boyle
Something by Nina Bawden
Something by Muriel Spark
OTHER POSSIBILITIES (nonfiction):
Books: A Memoir. Larry McMurtry
Just Kids. Patti Smith
Must You Go? My Life with Harold Pinter. Antonia Fraser
My Reading Life. Pat Conroy
Strapless. Deborah Davis
The Pattern in the Carpet. Margaret Drabble