Hosted by: Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! and Barb @ Booker T's Farm
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2019
- Any book from the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres qualifies. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of those genres.
- A blog isn't necessary to participate, but you do need a place to post your reviews to link up. (A blog, Goodreads, booklikes, etc.)
- Sign-up until March 15, 2019. Post your goal for the challenge and link it back to the sign-up page.
- Books should be novellas or novels (no short stories), and should be over 100 pages.
- Books can crossover with other challenges.
- There will be quarterly link-ups to check your progress and show everyone your reviews. At the halfway mark and at the end there will be a giveaway for those participating.
- If you tweet about your progress or reviews, use the hashtag #CloakDaggerChal so others can find it.
- Amateur sleuth (5-15 books)
- Detective (16-25 books)
- Inspector (26-35 books)
- Special agent (36-55 books)
- Sherlock Holmes (56+ books)
I'm signing up at the "Detective" level, and will try for 25 books.
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See the challenge announcement/signup page HERE.
● See the quarterly review linkups: January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December.
● See my challenge wrap-up post HERE.
MY READING LIST (books I've read, with links to reviews):
- The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin #1). M.C. Beaton (1992; mystery / cozy mystery) [review linked 1/23/2019]
- The Janus Stone (Ruth Galloway #2). Elly Griffiths (2010; mystery / cold case, forensics)
- Murder Theory (The Naturalist #3). Andrew Mayne (2019; thriller)
- The Stranger Diaries. Elly Griffiths (2018/2019; mystery / psychological suspense)
- Run Away. Harlan Coben (2019; thriller)
- The Appleton Case (Markham Sisters #1). Diana Xarissa (2015; mystery / cozy mystery)
- The Vicious Vet (Agatha Raisin #2). M.C. Beaton (1993; mystery / cozy mystery)
- Little Darlings. Melanie Golding (2019; thriller)
- The Lady in the Lake. Laura Lippman (2019; mystery / historical mystery)
- The Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin #3). M.C. Beaton (1994; mystery / cozy mystery)
- The Man in the White Linen Suit (Stewart Hoag #11). David Handler (2019; mystery)
- Fake Like Me. Barbara Bourland (2019; mystery)
- The Shape of Night. Tess Gerritsen (2019; mystery/romantic suspense)
- We Were Killers Once (Brigid Quinn #4). Becky Masterman (2019; mystery / thriller)
- Sorry for the Dead (Josephine Tey #8). Nicola Upson (2019; mystery / historical mystery)
- The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin #4). M.C. Beaton (1995; cozy mystery)
POSSIBILITIES (books I'd like to knock off my TBR pile):
- The Book of the Dead (Pendergast #7). Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- The Bookwoman's Last Fling (Cliff Janeway #5). John Dunning
- The Cabinet of Curiosities (Pendergast #3). Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- The Case of the Gilded Fly (Gervase Fen #1). Edmund Crispin
- Cast, in Order of Disappearance (Charles Paris #1). Simon Brett
- Cutwork (Needlecraft Mysteries #7). Monica Ferris
- Death at the President's Lodging (Sir John Appleby #1). Michael Innes
- Death in Disguise (Inspector Barnaby #3). Caroline Graham
- Death is a Word (Sheila Malory #21). Hazel Holt
- Death of a Hollow Man (Inspector Barnaby #2). Caroline Graham
- Dumb Witness (Hercule Poirot #16). Agatha Christie
- Faithful Unto Death (Inspector Barnaby #5). Caroline Graham
- Final Curtain (Roderick Alleyn #14). Ngaio Marsh
- Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey #7). Dorothy L. Sayers
- Framed in Lace (Needlecraft Mysteries #2). Monica Ferris
- Gallows View (Inspector Alan Banks #1). Peter Robinson
- Hanging By a Thread (Needlecraft Mysteries #6). Monica Ferris
- In the Best Families (Nero Wolfe #13). Rex Stout
- The League of Frightened Men (Nero Wolfe #2). Rex Stout
- Let the Devil Sleep (Dave Gurney #3). John Verdon
- The Little Sister (Philip Marlow #5). Raymond Chandler
- Los Alamos. Joseph Kanon
- The Man in the Queue (Inspector Alan Grant #1). Josephine Tey
- The Man Who Died Laughing (Stewart Hoag #1). David Handler
- The Moving Finger (Miss Marple #4). Agatha Christie
- Mrs. Malory and a Death in the Family (Sheila Malory #17). Hazel Holt
- Mrs. Malory and a Necessary End (Sheila Malory #20). Hazel Holt
- Murder Must Advertise (Lord Peter Wimsey #10). Dorothy L. Sayers
- The Murder on the Links (Hercule Poirot #2). Agatha Christie
- Murder, She Meowed (Mrs. Murphy #5). Rita Mae Brown
- Murder with Mirrors (Miss Marple #8). Agatha Christie
- Nemesis (Miss Marple #12). Agatha Christie
- Origin (Robert Langdon #5). Dan Brown
- Pay Dirt (Mrs. Murphy #4). Rita Mae Brown
- Reliquary (Pendergast #2). Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- Say It with Poison (Mitchell & Markby #1). Ann Granger
- The Second Confession (Nero Wolfe #12). Rex Stout
- The Sign of the Book (Cliff Janeway #4). John Dunning
- The Singing Sands (Inspector Alan Grant #6). Josephine Tey
- Still Life (Chief Inspector Gamache #1). Louise Penny
- Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd (Flavia de Luce #8). Alan Bradley
- Too Many Clients (Nero Wolfe #23). Rex Stout
- The Wheel of Darkness (Pendergast #8). Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child