**Challenge complete. See my wrap-up post HERE.**
Hosted by: Rose City Reader
Dates: January 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
The idea is to read books by European authors or books set in European countries (no matter where the author comes from). The books can be anything – novels, short stories, memoirs, travel guides, cookbooks, biography, poetry, or any other genre. You can participate at different levels, but each book must be by a different author and set in a different country – it's supposed to be a tour.
- Books should be read between January 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018. If you participated in the 2017 European Reading Challenge, you can only count books read in January 2017 for one year -- either the end of the 2017 challenge or the start of the 2018 challenge -- you don't get to count one book for both challenges.
- You do not have to commit to your choices now; and you can change your mind about books at any time.
- Overlap with other challenges is allowed -- and encouraged!
- Re-reads count.
- Audiobooks count.
- E-books count.
- Self-published books count.
- There will be a page for linking your reviews. Reviews are not necessary, unless you are going for the prize, in which case only books reviewed count.
- If you do not have a blog, put your reviews or reports in a comment on the announcement post.
- There will be a page for posting links to wrap-up posts.
- Five Star (Deluxe Entourage): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries.
- Four Star (Honeymooner): Read four qualifying books.
- Three Star (Business Traveler): Read three qualifying books.
- Two Star (Adventurer): Read two qualifying books.
- One Star (Pensione Weekender): Read just one qualifying book.
List of Countries:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vatican City.
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See my challenge wrap-up post HERE.
● See the challenge announcement page HERE.
● See the review page HERE.
● See the page for challenge wrap-ups HERE.
MY READING LIST (books I've read, with links to reviews):
1. United Kingdom: How to Be Human. Paula Cocozza
2. Ireland / Irish Author: The Dead House. Billy O'Callaghan
3. Italy: A Long Time Coming. Aaron Elkins (set in Milan)
Thanks for completing the 2018 Challenge! The 2019 Challenge page is up now. https://www.rosecityreader.com/p/2019-european-reading-challenge.htmlReplyDelete