Dates: 21 March to 20 June, 2009
Hosted by: Carl V of Stainless Steel Droppings
- Readings should come from these four genres: fantasy, fairy tale, folklore and mythology.
- Participants can choose one or more of the following levels (or Quests).
- The Journey - Read at least one book from any of the four genres. No need to commit to any set number of books.
- Quest the First - Read at least 5 books that fit somewhere within the Once Upon a Time III criteria. They might all be fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or mythology…or your five books might be a combination from the four genres.
- Quest the Second - Read at least one book from each of the four categories. In this quest you will be reading 4 books total: one fantasy, one folklore, one fairy tale, and one mythology.
- Quest the Third - Fulfill the requirements for Quest the First or Quest the Second AND top it off with a June reading of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream OR a viewing of one of the many theatrical versions of the play.
- Quest the Fourth - Read two non-fiction books, essay collections, etc. that treat any one or more of the four genres covered in this challenge.
- Short Story Weekends - This quest involves the reading of one or more short stories that fit within at least one of the four genres during the course of the weekend. Ideally you would post about your short story readings on Sundays or Mondays, but this is not strictly necessary.
See the Challenge Announcement page here.
See the Challenge Review page here.
I've chosen to join the Challenge at the Journey level, although I'm hoping to manage more than one book; and my reading will most likely be from the fantasy genre.
MY BOOK LIST
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. Robert C. O'Brien [see review]
Post a Comment