**Challenge completed. See my wrap-up post here.**
Dates: September 1 through October 31, 2009
Hosted by: Carl V. of Stainless Steel Droppings
There are several different levels of participation:
- Peril the First: Read four books of any length, from any subgenre you choose.
- Peril the Second: Read two books of any length, from any subgenre you choose.
- Peril the Third: Read one book of any length, from any subgenre you choose.
- Short Story Peril: An extra option, for those who want to participate in Short Story Sundays.
- Dark Fantasy
See my wrap-up post here.
See the Challenge announcement page here.
See the Challenge review page here.
I'm going to try Peril the First (four books), although if all goes well I might be able to do a little better than that.
MY BOOK LIST (books read):
- The Man in the Picture. Susan Hill [see review]
- The Woman in Black. Susan Hill [see review]
- New Year's Eve. Lisa Grunwald [see review]
- From Doon with Death. Ruth Rendell [see review]
- The Friend of Madame Maigret. Georges Simenon [see review]
- The Lair of the White Worm. Bram Stoker [see review]
How was that Ruth Rendell book. I read one of hers last years. Interesting challenge. Maybe I'll do it next year.ReplyDelete
Haven't actually read that one yet - it's one I'm thinking of for the challenge. But I've read several of her other Inspector Wexford novels, and really enjoyed them. They're not quite as dark as her other suspense novels. "From Doon with Death" is the first Inspector Wexford, so I thought I should go back and see where it all started.
Yes, the RIP challenges are a lot of fun. I love spooky stories and whodunits, so they're perfect for me.