**See my wrap-up post HERE**
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2014
Hosted by: Bev @ MY READER'S BLOCK
Guidelines (quoted from the challenge announcement page):
- Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2014.
- You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2014.
- Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you're on a mountain-climbing roll and want to tackle a taller mountain, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade. All books counted for lower mountains may carry over towards the new peak.
- Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2014.
- No ARCs (none), no library books.
- No rereads.
- Audiobooks and E-books may count if they are yours and they are one of your primary sources of backlogged books.
- Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.
- Feel free to submit your list in advance (as incentive to really get those books taken care of) or to tally them as you climb.
- There will be quarterly check-ins and prize drawings! A blog and reviews are not necessary to participate.
- There will be a GoodReads group for the challenge, and a site for reviews.
- Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
- Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
- El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s
❋ I'm signing up at the "Pike's Peak" level, so I'll be trying for twelve books.
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See my wrap-up post HERE.
● See the challenge announcement/sign-up page HERE.
~ See the Mount TBR Challenge Review Headquarters HERE.
~ See the March Checkpoint Page HERE.
~ See Checkpoint Number Two HERE.
~ See Checkpoint Number Three HERE.
MY READING LIST (books I've read, with links to reviews):
- The Only Problem. Muriel Spark
- The Lady in the Lake. Raymond Chandler
- The High Window. Raymond Chandler
- The Quilter's Apprentice. Jennifer Chiaverini
- The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Afternoon Men. Anthony Powell
- The Art of Mending. Elizabeth Berg
- The Cabinet of Curiosities. Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
- The Children's Book. A.S. Byatt
- The Chrysalids. John Wyndham
- The Conjurer's Bird. Martin Davies
- The Crystal Cave. Mary Stewart
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Philip K. Dick
- Appointment in Samara. John O'Hara
- The Dud Avocado. Elaine Dundy
- The Family Man. Elinor Lipman
- Flaubert's Parrot. Julian Barnes
- Framed in Lace. Monica Ferris
- The Ghost Writer. Philip Roth
- The Glass Room. Simon Mawer
- Invitation to the Waltz. Rosamond Lehmann
- July and August. Nancy Clark
- Just Kids. Patti Smith
- Labyrinth. Kate Mosse
- Los Alamos. Joseph Kanon
- The Middle Age of Mrs. Eliot. Angus Wilson
- The Mists of Avalon. Marion Zimmer Bradley
- The Nautical Chart. Arturo Pérez-Reverte
- Patterns in the Carpet. Margaret Drabble
- The Public Image. Muriel Spark
- The Rector of Justin. Louis Auchincloss
- The Road to Lichfield. Penelope Lively
- The Sea. John Banville
- The Sign of the Book. John Dunning
- Silver on the Tree. Susan Cooper
- The Wapshot Chronicle. John Cheever
- The Winthrop Covenant. Louis Auchincloss
Post a Comment