Hosted by: Teddy Rose @ So Many Precious Books, So Little Time
Guidelines (quoted from the announcement/sign-up page):
- You can join this challenge at anytime throughout the year.
- You don't have to make a list of which ARC's you plan to read, but you can if you want. If you choose a lower level, you can always change it to a higher level if you like. However, you cannot go from a higher level back down to a lower level.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed and Audio-books and ebooks are allowed as long as they are ARC's.
- Read the books and review them on your blog. If you don't have a blog, you can post your review on sites like Powells, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.
- Level Bronze:
a. All of us who have or will have less than 12 ARCS must read all of the ARCS we have. Note, that if you have 11 ARC's and then receive a 12th one you will be bumped up to category b.
b. All of us who have or will have 12 or more than 12 ARCS must read and review at least 12.
- Level Silver: Read 24 ARCS
- Level Gold: Read 30 ARCS
- Level Platinum: Read 35 or more ARCS
See my challenge wrap-up post HERE.
See the challenge announcement/sign-up page HERE.
See the review page for May HERE.
See the review page for June HERE.
✷ I'll be going for the Bronze Level again. My plan is to read ALL the books in my Current Pile, and then as many as possible of the "left behind" books on the second list here. I know I probably won't get them all read this year, but I really need to try.
MY READING LIST
(These are the ARCs and other books from publishers or authors that I need to read. As I read and review a book, I'll cross it off the list and add a link to the review.)
~ CURRENT PILE: Books published / to be published in 2013 or 2014:
- & Sons: A Novel. David Gilbert (July 23, 2013)
- After I'm Gone. Laura Lippman (February 2014)
- Andrew's Brain. E.L. Doctorow (January 14, 2014)
- The Antiquarian. Gustavo Faveron Patriau (June 3, 2014)
- The Asylum. John Harwood (May 21, 2013)
- Bellman & Black. Diane Setterfield (November 5, 2013)
- The Bookman's Tale. Charlie Lovett (May 28, 2013)
The Book of Secrets. Elizabeth Joy Arnold (July 2, 2013)
- The Burgess Boys. Elizabeth Strout (March 26, 2013)
- Children of the Revolution: Inspector Banks #21. Peter Robinson (5 March, 2014)
Cold Remains. Sally Spedding (12 February, 2012 - UK publication)
- A Cold Season. Allison Littlewood (September 24, 2013)
- The Days of Anna Madrigal. Armistead Maupin (1 January, 2014)
- The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches: Flavia de Luce #6. Alan Bradley (14 January, 2014)
- A Delicate Truth. John LeCarré (May 7, 2013)
A Fatal Likeness. Lynn Shepherd (August 20, 2013)
- A Fearful Madness. Julius Falconer (March 21, 2013)
The Good Luck of Right Now. Matthew Quick (February 11, 2014) Guilt. Jonathan Kellerman (February 12, 2013)
- Hunting Shadows: Inspector Rutledge #16. Charles Todd (31 December, 2013)
- Is This Tomorrow. Caroline Leavitt (May 7, 2013)
- Kind of Cruel. Sophie Hannah (August 6, 2013)
- Last Summer at Mar's Hill. Elizabeth Hand (May 14, 2013)
- No Man's Nightingale: Inspector Wexford #24. Ruth Rendall (5 November, 2013)
- Ripper. Isabel Allende (8 Janury, 2014)
- Sexplosion: From Andy Warhol to A Clockwork Orange - How a Generation of Pop Rebels Broke All the Taboos. Robert Hofler (15 January, 2014)
The Small Hand & Dolly. Susan Hill (September 24, 2013)
- Stranded. Alex Kava (July 16, 2013)
- Sweet Thunder. Ivan Doig (August 20, 2013)
- Ten Lords A-Leaping. C.C. Benison (December 3, 2013)
Time Will Tell. Donald Greig (paperback edition, May 1, 2013)
- The Two Hotel Francforts. David Leavitt (October 15, 2013)
- The Universe Versus Alex Woods. Gavin Extence (June 25, 2013)
- The Weight of Blood. Laura McHugh (March 11, 2014)
- Altar of Bones. Philip Carter
- The Blue Death. Joan Brady
- Istanbul Passage. Joseph Kanon
- The Map of the Sky. Felix J. Palma
- The Map of Time. Felix J. Palma
- The Secret Keeper. Kate Morton
- Torn. Casey Hill
- The Yard. Alex Grecian
- The House of Velvet and Glass. Katherine Howe
- Prophecy. S.J. Parris
- Dreams of Joy. Lisa See
- Iron House. John Hart
- The Painted Caves. Jean M. Auel
Post a Comment