Dates: 1 February 2011 - 31 January 2012
Host: Rose City Reader
- Choose from two reading options:
Choose three books that you have not read before:
1) One that won both the Booker and the James Tait Black prizes (see the list of "double-dippers").
2) One that won the Booker Prize (but not the James Tait Black Prize).
3) One that won the James Tait Black Prize (but not the Booker).
For those who have already read all three of the double-dippers, or otherwise do not want to read one of those three, pick two Booker winners and two James Tait Black winners for a total of four books.
- Challenge rules:
1) Read all books between February 1, 2011 and January 31, 2012.
Books don't have to be chosen ahead of time; and choices can be changed at any time.
2) Overlap with other challenges is allowed.
3) Reviews are not necessary, but encouraged. If you do not have a blog, put your reviews or reports in a comment on the announcement post.
See my original post about the challenge here.
See the challenge announcement/sign-up page here.
See the list of Booker winners here.
See the list of James Tait Black winners here.
MY READING LIST:
- The Sense of an Ending. Julian Barnes (2011 Man Booker)
- Staying On. Paul Scott (1977 Man Booker)
- The Children's Book. A.S. Byatt (2009 James Tait Black; reading now)
Post a Comment