Dates: 1 January - 31 December 2011
Host: 3M (Michelle) @ 1 More Chapter
Guidelines (quoted from the challenge announcement page):
- Read a minimum of 11 books first published in 2011. You don’t have to buy these. Library books, unabridged audios, or ARCs are all acceptable. To qualify as being first published in 2011, it must be the first time that the book is published in your own country. For example, if a book was published in Australia, England, or Canada in 2010, and then published in the USA in 2011, it counts (if you live in the USA). Newly published trade paperbacks and mass market paperbacks do not count if there has been a hardcover/trade published before 2011.
- At least 6 titles must be fiction.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- You can add your titles as you go, and they may be changed at any time.
See my original post about the challenge here.
See my wrap-up post here.
See the challenge announcement/sign-up page here.
See the review page for January/February reviews here.
MY READING LIST (with links to reviews):
- The Girl Who Would Speak for the Dead. Paul Elwork (fiction)
- The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady. Elizabeth Stuckey-French (fiction)
- Art and Madness. Anne Roiphe (nonfiction)
- Mr. Chartwell. Rebecca Hunt (fiction)
- Tassy Morgan's Bluff. Jim Stinson (fiction)
- Shut Your Eyes Tight. John Verdon (fiction)
- Nat Tate. William Boyd (fiction)
- The Brothers of Baker Street. Michael Robertson (fiction)
- The Fatal Touch. Conor Fitzgerald (fiction)
- The Winter Ghosts. Kate Mosse (fiction; American edition published 2011)
- Literary Brooklyn. Evan Hughes (nonfiction)
- Born in Africa: The Quest for the Origins of Human Life. Martin Meredith (nonfiction)
- The Sense of an Ending. Julian Barnes (fiction)
Post a Comment