Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2017
Host: Charlie @ The Worm Hole
Rules / Guidelines:
• Choose one book from each of the following categories:
- A number in numbers
- A building
- A title which has an ‘X’ somewhere in it
- A compass direction
- An item/items of cutlery
- A title in which at least two words share the same first letter – alliteration!
• Books can be any format (print, audio, ebook).
• It’s preferred but not required that books don't overlap other challenges.
• Books cannot overlap categories.
• Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
• A preliminary list of books isn't required, you can choose them as you go.
• You don’t have to read your chosen books in any particular order.
● See my original post about the challenge HERE.
● See the challenge announcement/sign-up post HERE.
● See the challenge Gateway post for linking reviews HERE.
MY READING LIST (books I've read, with links to reviews):
- A title with number in numbers (not written out):
- A title with a building: The Body in the Library, by Agatha Christie
- A title with an "x" somewhere in it: Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie
- A title with a compass direction:
- A title with an item(s) of cutlery: Our Spoons Came from Woolworths. Barbara Comyns
- A title with alliteration: As Good As Gone, by Larry Watson (linked to review page 2/06/2017)
- Category 1 - A number in numbers
101 Dalmatians. Dodie Smith (1956)
4:50 From Paddington (Miss Marple #8). Agatha Christie (1957)
Badenheim 1939. Aharon Appelfeld (1978)
BUtterfield 8. John O'Hara (1935)
Montana 1948. Larry Watson (1993)
- Category 2 - A building
The Barnum Museum. Steven Millhauser (1990)
The Body in the Library. Agatha Christie (1942)
The Enchanted Castle. E. Nesbit (1907)
Grief Cottage. Gail Godwin (2017)
Heartbreak Hotel. Jonathan Kellerman (2017)
The House of Paper. Carlos Maria Dominguez (2002)
The Inn at the Edge of the World. Alice Thomas Ellis (1990)
Miss Zukas and the Library Murders (Miss Zukas #1). Jo Dereske (1994)
The Post Office Girl. Stefan Zweig (1982)
Rose Cottage. Mary Stewart (1997)
A Writer's House in Wales. Jan Morris (2002)
- Category 3 - A"x" somewhere in title
Expedition to Earth. Arthur C. Clarke (1953)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams (1979)
I Am Madame X. Gioia Diliberto (2003)
An Imaginative Experience. Mary Wesley (1994)
Murder on the Orient Express. Agatha Christie (1934)
The Red Box (Nero Wolfe #4). Rex Stout (1937)
Six Days of the Condor. James Grady (1974)
Unexplained Laughter. Alice Thomas Ellis (1985)
- Category 4 - A compass direction
East Side Story. Louis Auchincloss (2004)
Gently North-West. Alan Hunter (1967)
Northanger Abbey. Jane Austen (1817)
North By Northwest. Ernest Lehman (1959)
The Westing Game. Ellen Raskin (1978)
- Category 5 - An item (or items) of cutlery
The Knife Thrower and Other Stories. Steven Millhauser (1998)
Miss Chopsticks. Xinran (2007)
Our Spoons Came from Woolworths. Barbara Comyns (1950)
The Silver Spoon (Forsyte Chronicles #5). John Galsworthy (1926)
The Smiler With the Knife (Nigel Strangeways #5). Nicholas Blake (1939)
A Twist of the Knife (Brigid Quinn #3). Becky Masterman (2017)
- Category 6 - Title with alliteration
Candle for a Corpse (Mitchell & Markby #8). Ann Granger (1995)
Death and the Dancing Footman (Roderick Alleyn #11). Ngaio Marsh (1941)
Ella Enchanted. Gail Carson Levine (1997)
Farewell to Fairacre. 'Miss Read' (1993)
Fellowship of Fear (Gideon Oliver #1). Aaron Elkins (1982)
Flowers for His Funeral (Mitchell & Markby #7). Ann Granger (1994)
Holy Terror in the Hebrides (Dorothy Martin #3). Jeanne M. Dams (1997)
Murder in Mesopotamia. Agatha Christie (1936)
Mystery Mile (Albert Campion #2). Margery Allingham (1930)
Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit. Jeanette Winterson (1985)
Pawing Through the Past (Mrs. Murphy #8). Rita Mae Brown (2000)
The Penguin Pool Murder. Stuart Palmer (1931)
The Silent Speaker (Nero Wolfe #11). Rex Stout (1946)
The Summer of the Swans. Betsy Byars (1970)
Trouble in the Town Hall (Dorothy Martin #2). Jeanne M. Dams (1996)